Wednesday, September 23, 2009

LOVE IS THE GREATEST


Well its been a few months since I have written anything. .. so heres  a quick update! In august I took some time out to be still.. seek God.. and well it ended up being a month of something new forming. This new thing is a relationship - and YES its a man... and he is now my Fiance. WOW.I knew God was up to something when i felt led to have some time out.. just didnt quite know what was going to happen. I was definitely plesantly surprised. So the month of August was one of prayer.. talking... getting to know each other again in a deeper way.. and by the end of August my lovely man had said he wanted to Marry me. On the 4th of September Ryan officially proposed to me - even though we had already set a date for the wedding. We have both been blown away by how God has been working this romance out...more to come soon - about the whole story!! Our wedding will be in about 8 weeks time...with family.. then next year we will have a party to celebrate with friends!!  The one thing I have come to experience in the last few months is the truth of the words of God that say LOVE IS THE GREATEST.
 It is Gods intention that we would love Him.. and love each other. I think there is a special blessing on the Love between male and female when they realise they were made for each other...!! Im so glad that God chose to awaken love between us now.. it hasn't been premature - its come at just the right time! Gods ways and timing are perfect - and truly are better than ours. If i personally had my way i would have been married afew years back - thankfully Gods will and purpose stood firm - i see know the fight that he put up to keep me for this.
The next 8 weeks will be fun, busy, interesting and full of lots of things ive never done before!! - like prepare for our wedding. I was chatting with the lovely Joy and Judy from the Aglow Board today and we were talking about how this natural wedding is a picture of something happening to us spiritually... the bride making herself ready for the bridegroom - the church getting ready for Jesus to come back- which is us his church.  My prayer is that I would be ready for both weddings... to my earthly husband... and to JESUS. I hope that you are ready for his return, and in the mean time know the love of the Father and the Love of others in a deep, real and satisfying way.
Will write again soon
katie


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Well congratulations!!!!
That is awesome news- and yes, a great picture of who we are for Christ! :)

Congrats again!!

-Jessica Wilson

JuneGirl 66 said...

Yes, congrats Katie, you deserve it (always have) and all the best for the wedding preps.